Services, Skills and Experience
- Site selection and evaluation
- Vineyard planning
- Vineyard establishment – design, materials, vines
- Budget development or review and financial benchmarking for new and existing projects
- Independent evaluation of vineyard proposals, developments and vineyard management.
- Due diligence assessments prior to purchase or merger.
- Expert opinion for legal work.
- Ongoing technical and practical advice for the management of vineyards
- Vine health
- Disease management
- Spray programmes
- Pruning recommendations
- Fruit uniformity and fruit quality issues
- Yield predictions and yield management
- Sustainable management practices
- Grower and vineyard manager workshops, facilitating change, creating ownership and uptake of new ideas
Skills and Experience
- Extensive commercial experience and understanding of the ‘business’ of grapes and wine
- A technical knowledge and expertise that is at the leading edge internationally
- Communication skills and style that allow fluid information flow from growers to winemakers, through marketing to accountants and financial project managers
- Extensive knowledge of and well known with key suppliers, service providers and major players into the grape and wine industry so able to connect clients with appropriate resources and people
- Extensive knowledge of all major grape growing areas and practices allowing effective benchmarking and assessment
- Versatility – David is equally at home in the vineyard with his head at vine level, attached to a tasting glass, doing a presentation or dissecting a budget round the board table